Based in Tel Aviv, Israel
Blind Drive is an arcade comedy-thriller driving game - played with your ears.
You’re blindfolded and going against traffic with only your hearing, instincts and reflexes to rely on. And ice cream. Lots of ice cream.
It’s got hyper-realistic sound design (dubbed by Mashable “VR for your ears”), fast-paced two-button gameplay, 28 levels including boss fights and secrets, a full cast of voice actors and a batshit crazy story with many twists and surprises.
The project started out as a concept for an interactive art installation, but turned out so much fun it quickly evolved into a video game.
In 2017, an early version was selected for the inaugural Google Play Indie Game Contest in London's Saatchi Gallery, after which it went on to be featured in multiple festivals and exhibitions around the world.
After the early exposure and great response, the team focused on development and production of the full game, looking to a full release in 2020.
- Super realistic and immersive audio places you on the freeway, in the driver's seat with a blindfold on and all the windows open
- Ridiculous B-movie crime-comedy story with mobsters, ice cream and one angry Jewish Grandmother, performed by a full cast of voice actors
- 28 levels of mayhem including boss fights, secret areas and a very rude G.P.S.
- Minimalistic visuals let you feel your face is stuffed against the dashboard. Playing with your eyes closed is even better!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top Ten Award" Google Play Indie Games Contest, London, UK
- "Innovation in Game Award - Honorable Mention" Ludicious Game Festival, Zürich, Switzerland
- "Most Compelling Game Mechanics Award - Nominee" Boston Festival of Indie Games, Cambridge, MA
- "Official Selection" EGX Rezzed Leftfield Collection, London, UK
- "Official Selection" Fantastic Arcade, Austin, TX
- "Official Selection" A MAZE, Johannesburg, South Africa
- "Official Selection" Game Happens Festival, Genova, Italy
- "Cars and Crimes Exhibition" LIKELIKE Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
- "In Blind Drive, what you hear is the difference between life and death."
- Bonnie Christian, Wired Magazine
- "...an arcade-style game which is basically Virtual Reality for your ears."
- Gianluca Mezzofiore, Mashable
- "...it's messing with people's minds"
- Sean Sposato, Inside The Magic
Blind Drive on Twitter
Blind Drive on Facebook
D. A. Terre on Twitter
About Lo-Fi People
Lo-Fi People is an art/interactive collective based in Tel Aviv. A small group of friends - designers, coders, musicians and filmmakers - who share a love of creating unconventional, fun and inspiring digital works for both virtual and physical spaces.
More information on Lo-Fi People, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Blind Drive Credits
Game Design, Sound Design, Level Design
D. A. Terre
Game Design, Screenplay, Programming, Animation