Based in Tel Aviv, Israel
March 10, 2021
Blind Drive is an audio-based, black comedy arcade action game.
You’re blindfolded and going against traffic. Cars rushing past, angry drivers yelling at you. Cops on your tail. And you can’t see a thing. Can you do it?
The entire game is experienced through your ears. Play as Donnie, trying to make a quick buck in a scientific study but quickly finding himself in over his head, cuffed to the wheel and driving blindfolded. Plus he’s late for dinner with Grandma.
- Hyper-immersive 1st-person audio - so good you can play with your eyes closed
- Fast-paced, 2-button arcade gameplay
- 27 levels of mayhem including boss fights, secret areas and a very rude G.P.S.
- Hilarious crime-comedy story with mobsters, dolphins and your angry Grandmother, performed by a full cast of voice actors
- Minimalistic, jazzy visuals
- Ultra-fine haptics (rumble) for supported mobile devices and gamepads
- Full text-to-speech accessibility - supports NVDA, Windows TTS, Apple VoiceOver and Android TalkBack
The project started out with a simple concept: how will people respond to driving without sight?
Initial playtests showed a fascinating range of responses - the terror of helplessness, the thrill of discovering unknown innate hearing abilities, zen-like levels of concentration - but above all else, an overwhelming sense of enjoyment from playing something entirely new.
An early version of the game featured in many game festivals around the world, including the Google Play Indie Game Contest, AMAZE and the EGX Rezzed Leftfield collection, drawing long lines and passionate responses.
Players report loving the sound-based gameplay which stimulates the imagination like nothing else they've played (especially on mobile), as well as the podcast/audio-drama -style narrative which hasn’t been fully explored in a game before.
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Grand Jury Award - Winner" IndieCade, 2021
- "Audience Award Grand Prize - Winner" Tokyo Game Show SOWN, 2021
- "Best Experimental Game Award - Winner" Tokyo Game Show SOWN, 2021
- "Top Ten Award - Winner" Google Play Indie Games Contest, London, 2017
- "Best Conference Game - Winner" Games Gathering, Odessa, 2021
- "Audio Design - Finalist" IndieCade, 2021
- "Innovation Award - Finalist" Apple Design Awards, 2021
- "Excellence in Audio Award - Finalist" Independent Games Festival (IGF), 2021
- "Excellence in Narrative Award - Honorable Mention" Independent Games Festival (IGF), 2021
- "Explorer Award - Nominee" AMAZE Berlin, 2021
- "Best Sound Award - Nominee" BIG Festival, São Paulo, 2021
- "Innovation Award - Nominee" BIG Festival, São Paulo, 2021
- "Innovation in Game Award - Honorable Mention" Ludicious Game Festival, Zürich, 2018
- "Most Compelling Game Mechanics Award - Nominee" Boston Festival of Indie Games (FIG), Cambridge, MA, 2017
- "Official Selection" EGX Rezzed Leftfield Collection, London, 2018
- "Official Selection" Fantastic Arcade, Austin, TX, 2017
- "Official Selection" A MAZE, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2017
- "Official Selection" Game Happens Festival, Genova, Italy, 2017
- "Cars and Crimes Exhibition" LIKELIKE Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA, 2018
- "Blind Drive is a masterpiece - 10/10"
- Rudra Mehta, Keengamer
- "...genuinely brilliant; both gripping and hilarious - 9/10"
- Becca Smith, GameSpew
- "One of the most unique and innovative games to release in 2021 - 9/10"
- Sean Davies, Finger Guns
- "Lo-Fi People takes great delight in messing with your brain - 8/10"
- Adrian Burrows, The Sixth Axis
- "Basically Virtual Reality for your ears"
- Gianluca Mezzofiore, Mashable
- "Proper clever"
- Natalie Clayton, PC Gamer
- "What you hear is the difference between life and death"
- Bonnie Christian, Wired Magazine
- "Blind Drive sounds like a weird step forward in the world of game design"
- Jon Bitner, The Gamer
- "Not only incredibly tense, but also genuinely laugh out loud funny"
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
Blind Drive on the Apple App Store
Blind Drive on the Google Play Store
Blind Drive on Steam
Blind Drive on Itch.io
About Lo-Fi People
Lo-Fi People is a small group of designers, coders, musicians and filmmakers who share a love of creating playful and unconventional digital experiences. Their work includes award-winning games, animations and installations for both physical and virtual spaces.
More information on Lo-Fi People, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Blind Drive Credits
Game Design, Sound Design, Level Design
D. A. Terre
Game Design, Screenplay, Programming, Animation