Based in Tel Aviv, Israel
Blind Drive is a game about driving using your ears only: survive onrushing traffic by listening for cars and swerving out of their way. It is hyper-immersive, has an arcade vibe and a slightly insane B-movie-ish narrative that unfolds through progressively bizarre levels.
The project started out as a Max/MSP sketch for an interactive installation. It then quickly evolved into a concept for a fast-paced arcade-style video game. Once the creative opportunities began to be explored, different environments and levels took shape and a story grew from within. The game is currently in post-production, looking towards a summer release on iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
- Highly realistic and immersive audio places the player in a car seat, blindfold on, windows open, and cars rushing past at 90 miles per hour.
- A battle of wits unfolds over the car's speakerphone in a humorous B-movie trash film narrative.
- 16 increasingly challenging and bizarre levels with many bonuses, twists and surprises.
- Can be played with the game's dashboard view, with a blank screen or even with your eyes closed. (Probably the best way).
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top 10 at Google Play Indie Games Contest" London, UK | 19 February, 2017
- "Nominee, Most Compelling Game Mechanics at Boston Festival of Indie Games" Cambridge, MA | 23 September, 2017
- "Official Selection at Fantastic Arcade" Austin, TX | 16-19 November, 2017
- "Official Selection at A MAZE Johannesburg Awards" Johannesburg, South Africa | 16-19 September, 2017
- "Official Selection at Game Happens Festival" Genova, Italy | 23-24 June, 2017
- "In Blind Drive, what you hear is the difference between life and death."
- Bonnie Christian, Wired Magazine
- "...an arcade-style game which is basically Virtual Reality for your ears."
- Gianluca Mezzofiore, Mashable
- "...it's messing with people's minds"
- Sean Sposato, Inside The Magic
Blind Drive on Twitter
Blind Drive on Facebook
D. A. Terre on Twitter
About Lo-Fi People
Lo-Fi People is an art & technology collective based in Tel Aviv. A small group of artists, filmmakers, musicians and programmers who work together on both independent and commercial projects, they focus on blending animation, interactive and sound together in both virtual and physical spaces - as games, short films, interactive installations and music.
More information on Lo-Fi People, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Blind Drive Credits
Game Design, Sound Design
Doron Assayas Terre
Game Design, Programming